Old Hill Burial Ground

Overlooking Monument Square is Concord’s Old Hill Burying Ground, which officially dates back to 1677, though is thought to contain unmarked graves from the town’s earliest settlers. Several prominent figures are buried here, including Captain John Parker, who led the militia men on April 19, 1775. John Jack, the first free slave to own land in Concord, is also buried here.

Monument Square, Concord, MA 01742